Jim Day is a partner in Farella Braun + Martel’s Intellectual Property Litigation Department.
Mr. Day has 16 years of experience in state and federal courts litigating intellectual property and complex commercial disputes for Internet and other high technology companies. His degree in electrical engineering/computer science and experience working as a software engineer and consultant provide a technical proficiency and credibility with judges, juries, and his client’s internal technical experts.
Mr. Day’s practice emphasizes patent infringement and trade secret misappropriation lawsuits. Recent experience includes:
- Defending patent infringement lawsuits related to network connectivity devices in the Eastern District of Texas and the District of Delaware.
- Defending hard disk drive manufacturer in trade secret and patent infringement actions related to testers for hard disk drives filed in the Northern District of California.
- Representing a video-networking platform provider in asserting its patents related to digital broadcast over cable telecommunications networks filed in the District of Delaware.
- Defending a prepaid wireless communications service provider in a patent lawsuit related to pre-paid wireless phone technology in the Eastern District of Texas.
- Representing a pharmaceutical company in connection with a licensing dispute involving its block-buster prostate cancer drug.
He has also litigated unfair competition, insurance coverage, employment, and contract and other licensing disputes.