Farella Braun + Martel is committed to advising and representing individuals in their personal and family business affairs. The Private Client Group provides experienced cross-practice area resources to help our clients successfully meet these needs. We assist clients through deft navigation of the complex legal and business issues associated with tax, capital investment, liability management, closely held businesses, wealth succession, philanthropy, personal affairs and litigation. Our Private Client Group embodies our brand representing clients with big firm sophistication and small firm client service.
Beyond Personal...Individualized Service
The Private Client Group is dedicated to focused, individualized, responsive and highly confidential service. We understand each client has different goals, concerns and tolerance for risk that may change over time and through generations. The strength of our relationships often survives leadership shifts and transitions. Our Private Client Group takes advantage of our historical client knowledge to customize recommendations and solutions to meet the particular goals of each client.
Farella maintains a unique position in the legal market. We maintain a focus on entrepreneurial and individual clients and the companies in which they are involved while regularly handling complex corporate tax planning, business and real estate transactions and litigation. Our Private Client Group brings together lawyers experienced in tax, estate planning, business transactions, real estate, intellectual property, construction, employment and litigation.
For example, we have recently assisted private clients with the following matters:
- Angel, venture capital and subsequent investments in private companies
- Company formation and joint venture relationships
- Family business restructuring and succession planning
- Construction contracts and disputes for real estate projects and residences
- Land use, zoning, natural resources and other environmental concerns
- Vineyard and winery specific matters including complex marketing and distribution agreements and grape contracts
- Fractional ownership programs for aircraft and luxury residences
- Duties and responsibility of service on boards of directors, both for-profit and non-profit entities
- Trust and probate litigation and heir disputes
- Employment counseling with respect to personal employees and issues relating to hiring and termination.
Advice When You Need It
Farella's Private Client Group is known for providing high level, direct advice and responsive communication. The partner you hire will be your key contact. This individual is responsible for understanding your goals and providing advice and recommendations customized to achieve your or your companies' objectives. Our technology platform provides various, convenient avenues of communication, tailored to your preference and style.
Farella's Private Client Group is passionate about business and maintains an extensive network in the business community. We regularly tap these resources to better understand the intricacies of a wide range of industries. Regardless of the project, we bring together the necessary resources to meet the specific and individual needs of our high net worth clients through the full range of personal, family and business issues they face.
Contact us today on our Private Client Hotline 415.954.4770.