Farella Braun + Martel's Product Law Group provides comprehensive legal services for product distributors and manufacturers. Our attorneys have extensive experience with product stewardship and strategic planning, compliance counseling and regulatory representation, complex product liability and class action defense, defense of government and private enforcement actions, health and safety planning and management, intellectual property protection and insurance coverage representation in a wide range of product-related industries including manufacturers and distributors of drugs and pharmaceutical devices, agricultural and industrial chemicals, concrete and other construction materials, consumer products, apparel, food, wine and bottled water, fire sprinklers, piping systems, home furnishings and portable buildings, among others.
Our product law attorneys are seasoned, resourceful and experienced in working with product manufacturers and distributors, and with technical, scientific and toxicological experts and consultants, to coordinate comprehensive and cost-effective regulatory compliance measures and liability defense. Many of our attorneys began their careers with U.S. EPA, the Justice Department or a U.S. Attorney's Office. We are proud of our reputation as trial attorneys and litigation strategists, as well as product stewards and regulatory experts with the legal experience and business acumen to assist clients in achieving their objectives.
We have the depth and breadth of resources required for any engagement, and experience covering the full range of product-related legal services for products, businesses and processes from all sectors of the economy.
Our Product Law attorneys assist clients with:
- Strategic planning for regulatory compliance (including UCC, FIFRA, TSCA, FDA, CPSC, OSHA and ISO compliance)
- Risk management and litigation avoidance
- Complex products litigation
- Proposition 65 litigation
- Intellectual property protection
- Insurance coverage for product liability claims
- Products law counseling (including Consumer Product Safety Act reporting)
- Product design critique and product testing programs
- Coordination of product recalls