Our Natural Resources Law attorneys offer civil and criminal litigation, regulatory representation and compliance counseling services to private corporations, public entities and non-profit organizations regarding endangered species, wetlands, water, public lands management and other natural resource issues. Our natural resources team includes attorneys with government enforcement and scientific / technical experience.
The diversity of the natural resource issues we handle mirrors the diversity of our natural resource clients.
- Natural resource damages under the Comprehensive Environmental Responsibility, Compensation and Liability Act (“CERCLA”)
- Threatened and endangered species, such as humpback whales, endangered sea turtles, the California red-legged frog, Coho salmon, Hawaiian forest birds, grizzly bears, the snowy plover, and the Marin Dwarf Flax
- Habitat conservation plans
- Wetlands mitigation acquisition
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and Environmental Protection Agency wetlands negotiations
- Environmental assessments, negative declarations, environmental impact statements, records of decision and findings of no significant impact under the National Environmental Policy Act ("NEPA") and its California equivalent, the California Environmental Quality Act (“CEQA”)
- Water rights protection, and water resource planning, allocation and management