Businesses affected by the real estate and capital market turmoil require creative solutions for disposition of distressed assets, restructuring debt and reworking loans to avoid foreclosures at a market bottom. Our Distressed Real Estate Assets practitioners regularly work with developers, asset owners, capital investors, private equity companies, lenders, financial institutions. investment bankers and other parties active in this complex marketplace with specific areas of focus in residential, high density residential, vineyard and winery, hotel / hospitality, and commercial properties.
This multi-disciplinary group provides clients with direct access to experienced lawyers who deal regularly with complex financing, acquisition, disposition, restructuring, litigation and bankruptcy issues. Our efforts draw upon the resources of attorneys in a number of related practice areas including corporate, employment, tax, environmental, land use and litigation to provide cost-effective solutions to our clients pressing needs. For example:
- Analyze reacquired assets targeted for redevelopment or sale.
- Structure programs to acquire, dispose, restructure or develop distressed real estate including development of debt, lease arrangements and other financing products.
- Form of investment structures for acquisition of assets out of bankruptcy proceedings.
- Negotiate loan workouts, forbearances, deeds-in-lieu, foreclosure proceedings compositions and release of guarantors and other debtor/creditor enforcement actions.
- Represent clients in lender and inter-creditor matters.
- Represent commercial landlords in dealing with insolvent or bankrupt tenants.
- Structure, negotiate and document financing for distressed assets to be purchased or sold in bankruptcy.
- Assist clients in their corporate reorganization or liquidation.
- Address relevant tax and regulatory issues.