Brent Saldaña is dedicated to achieving solutions that meet his clients’ goals in a variety of real estate transactions and projects, including acquisitions and sales, development, leasing, financing, management, and ownership transactions.
He particularly enjoys complex projects where protecting his clients requires negotiating mutually beneficial solutions among many stakeholders, thoughtful consideration of interrelated agreements, superb project management skills, and a continuing appreciation of the big picture. Brent also has a soft spot for ground-up development work and major renovation projects.
Whether he is structuring real estate investment vehicles, negotiating build-to-suit leases, reviewing construction documents, or closing a financing, Brent strives to continue Farella’s legacy of delivering practical, smart guidance in a package of outstanding client service.
Recent real estate projects include:
- Negotiating financing for the developer of a mixed-use project in India Basin.
- Assisting an East Bay developer to acquire the site for a 220,000-square-foot office building for a life sciences company and to negotiate joint venture agreements with limited partners, a build-to-suit lease with the tenant, construction agreements with the contractor, and other project documents.
- Strategizing with landlords to respond to COVID-related tenant issues.
- Counseling a real estate investor in the sales and acquisitions of fee and ground lease interests in South Bay/Peninsula properties.
Prior to joining a law firm, Brent worked in development and marketing at The San Francisco Foundation and as in-house counsel for a nonprofit lender to businesses in disaster recovery zones.
Memberships and Affiliations
- Urban Land Institute (ULI) NEXT