Cynthia Castillo represents clients in a wide range of complex litigation matters, including complex contract disputes, fraud and tort litigation, and consumer class actions. She has experience with all phases of litigation, including achieving early resolutions of disputes through pre-litigation negotiations, drafting dispositive motions, managing complex e-discovery, and representing clients at trial.
Her experience includes:
- Successfully defending a private equity management firm at trial in an employment suit brought by one of its former officers;
- Defending a major energy company in a fraud action, in which the court granted the company’s motion to compel arbitration;
- Representing a major technology company in a consumer class action; and
- Representing a major cancer services provider and its affiliates in their Chapter 11 bankruptcy cases, which included obtaining a favorable settlement related to potential liability for a consumer data breach.
Cynthia maintains an active pro bono practice, which has included assisting a victim of domestic violence from Honduras obtain asylum in the United States.
During law school, Cynthia was a legal intern with the U.S. Department of Education – Office for Civil Rights in Washington, DC. Before attending law school, she taught 4thand 6thgrade with Teach for America.
Memberships and Affiliations
- Board of Directors, San Francisco La Raza Lawyers Association