Developments in Pharmaceutical and Biotech Patent Law 2016
Stephanie Skaff to speak at PLI's Developments in Pharmaceutical and Biotech Patent Law 2016 seminar in San Francisco.
Pharmaceutical and biotech patent law is an important and rapidly changing practice area, and the program is designed to give you the information you need to maintain your practice edge, concentrating on new developments from 2015 and 2016, and placing them in the context of constantly evolving areas of the law.
Technological innovation, Federal Circuit appellate oversight, and Supreme Court decisions continue to drive significant changes in the law. Several different perspectives on many of the most pressing issues will be offered from very experienced practitioners.
Do not miss this opportunity to fully understand the impact of new appellate decisions on your pharmaceutical and biotechnology patent practice.
What You Will Learn
- Biosimilars: the biosimilar approval process, regulatory exclusivity and patent litigation over biosimilar applications
- The Supreme Court’s unmaking the law of willfulness: a return patent opinions and uncertainty
- Continued development of patentable subject matter jurisprudence under Section 101 and an update on USPTO Patentability Guidelines for patentable subject matter
- Litigating life sciences patent cases in district courts: strategies for fact and expert discovery, effective Markman presentations and technology tutorials, summary judgment and trial
- Ethical considerations impacting patent practice
- Earn One Hour of Ethics Credit