Growing Up: Employment Law and the Cannabis Industry
San Francisco, CA
Holly Sutton and Liz Toledo, Speakers, Growing Up: Employment Law and the Cannabis Industry
Employment laws such as minimum wages, harassment policies and anti-discrimination protections are relevant to all businesses, including cannabis companies. As the cannabis industry grows, employers need to be aware of both state and federal employment regulations. Both sets of laws apply to employers in the state, and which laws apply often depends on the number of employees.
Join us for this interactive program, where we will provide an overview on:
- Setting wages: salaried vs. hourly
- Harassment training and notice obligations
- Guidelines for the hiring process
- California meal and rest break requirements
- Final pay requirements
- Working with contractors
- California agencies that handle cases for employees and strategies for responding to claims
Click here to view the invite.