Jessica Nall leads the firm’s White Collar Defense and Corporate Investigations practice group. She has extensive experience in conducting internal corporate investigations for entities public and private, large and small, in the technology, financial services, energy, and health care industries. These representations have included high-profile crisis situations for a number of well-known companies. Jessica brings to the table a wide range of experience in both traditional and emerging white collar issues, including international antitrust, trade secrets theft, cyber-crime, information security and privacy, crypto-currencies and tokens, ICOs, and block-chain.
Jessica is accomplished in defending individual executives and employees and is especially expert in defending groups of executives and employees as “pool counsel” at the internal investigation stage and throughout follow-on government and regulatory inquiries including by the SEC, DOJ, and California Attorney General's Office, and related complex civil litigation. In her role as pool counsel, Jessica assists both her clients and the clients’ company or former company in navigating the complex ethical issues that arise in multiple representation scenarios. Her expertise in this area makes it possible for the individual client pool and associated entities to enjoy the efficiency and other valuable benefits of having one knowledgeable, highly skilled lawyer defending a pool of individuals in the same matter.
White-collar matters and investigations are inherently an emotionally challenging area of legal practice, demanding a range of capabilities. In representing her white collar clients, Jessica combines an encyclopedic expertise in the legal issues at hand, the ability to absorb and evaluate an enormous amount of complex factual information, and most importantly, skill in working with clients facing a uniquely difficult personal and professional challenge – one in which their careers, and perhaps their liberty, are at stake.
Jessica has a strong grasp of the subtleties of communication required in diverse and multi-cultural environments, allowing her to achieve effective and time-efficient results in both conducting and defending individuals and pools in internal investigations. When the objective is a full, dispositive and fair investigation of potentially very serious allegations, or defense against such allegations for an individual or pool, Jessica is an invaluable counselor and extraordinarily experienced practitioner.
- Benchmark California Star - 2019, State Litigation Star, Benchmark Litigation (2018-2019)
- "40 & Under Hotlist," Benchmark Litigation (2018)
- "Rising Stars," White Collar Crime, Law360 (2017)
- "Top Women Lawyers" in California, Daily Journal (2017)
- “Top 40 Under 40,” San Francisco Business Times (2013)
- "Women Leaders in Law" in California, The Recorder (2012)
- "Top 20 Under 40" attorneys in California, Daily Journal (2010)
- Northern California Super Lawyers, White Collar Crime (2013-2018)
- Northern California Rising Stars, White Collar Crime (2009-2012)
Memberships and Affiliations
- Global vice chair, Women’s White Collar Defense Association
- Co-chair, White Collar Crime Subcommittee for Northern California, American Bar Association (2014-present)
- Vice chair, Women in White Collar Subcommittee, ABA Criminal Justice Section (2014-present)
- Co-chair, Executive Committee, Criminal Justice Section, Bar Association of San Francisco (2010-2015)
- Founding member, Chair, San Francisco Bay Area Chapter, Women’s White Collar Defense Association (2006-present)
- Panel attorney, Criminal Justice Act Panel, U.S. District Court, Northern District of California (2015-present)
- Member, Board of Directors, Women Defenders (2007-2010)
- Member, Strictly Business Committee, Jewish Vocational Services (2010-2013)