John Cooper is a retired partner of Farella Braun + Martel. He was a founder of the firm’s Intellectual Property Litigation Group, where he represented technology companies in complex, high-stakes patent actions and cases at the confluence of intellectual property and antitrust issues.
John has served as Regent and was a long-standing Fellow in the American College of Trial Lawyers. He was co-editor and co-author of “Anatomy of a Patent Case” published by the Federal Judicial Center to assist federal judges in patent cases.
- National Law Journal’s ADR Champions (2018)
- Top 30 Intellectual Property Lawyers in California by the Daily Journal (2005)
- Best Lawyers in America in the areas of Commercial, Antitrust, Intellectual Property and Patent Litigation (2020-2022)
- Northern California Super Lawyers in IP Litigation since (2004-2022)
- Chambers USA, Intellectual Property
Memberships and Affiliations
- Fellow, former Regent, American College of Trial Lawyers
- Judiciary Committee, Bar Association of San Francisco
- Chair, Lawyer Representatives, Northern District of California to the Ninth Circuit Judicial Conference
- Faculty, Hastings’ Center for Trial and Appellate Advocacy