Preparing Your Cannabis Business for California’s New Employment Laws in 2022
Chandra Andrade and Rebecca Stephens discuss "Preparing Your Cannabis Business for California’s New Employment Laws in 2022" at our Cannabis Industry Education Series.
Each year in California, the new year brings new employment laws for businesses to follow. This is a good time for cannabis employers to evaluate their policies and practices to ensure they keep pace with these changes.
Join Farella employment lawyers Chandra Andrade and Rebecca Stephens for a discussion on California's new employment laws affecting cannabis business employers, what to look for, and what to do next, including:
- Template employment document updates in light of amendments to the California Fair Employment and Housing Act and Labor Code;
- Expanded coverage for family members under the California Family Rights Act and updates to the DFEH’s mediation program;
- New training and PPE requirements for agricultural workers;
- Minimum wage updates; and
- Current rules, guidance, and best practices relating to COVID-19.