Stephanie Skaff represents companies in complex litigation involving intellectual property, technology, privacy, and licensing issues.
Her clients benefit from her knowledge of and credibility with the state and federal court benches gained through her roles as a past president of the Bar Association of San Francisco and as a former co-chair of the Northern District of California Lawyer Representatives Committee.
Stephanie is regularly chosen as lead counsel for trade secret, patent infringement, and other intellectual property actions venued in jurisdictions around the country, including the Northern District of California, the Eastern District of Texas, and Delaware. She represents clients in actions involving computer hardware, software, internet search and applications, mobile devices, gaming, financial services, encryption, networking, and database technology. Her clients have included well-known companies like Google and Dell, as well as smaller technology companies and individuals battling significant “bet the company” litigation disputes.
Stephanie has successfully represented clients in high profile intellectual property disputes for more than two decades. Last year, she helped lead the team responsible for a defense verdict in a case involving SSD controller technology, and in the previous year, the team responsible for a multimillion plaintiff side jury verdict in a case involving data center technology. Stephanie brings a unique ability to help her clients overcome legal challenges, tell their stories to lay judges and juries, and forge a strategic path to the quickest and most successful resolution of their intellectual property disputes.
In addition to serving as the past President of the Bar Association of San Francisco and a past co-chair of the Northern District of California’s Judicial Conference, Stephanie is also a founding member of the Resource Board of the National Association of Women Judges, a former barrister and associate in the Edward J. McFetridge Inn of Court, and a past co-chair of the ABA Litigation Section’s Intellectual Property Committee.
- The Best Lawyers in America, Intellectual Property & Patent Litigation, (2019, 2021), Trade Secrets Law (2021-2022)
- Managing Intellectual Property - IP Stars (2016-2021); Top 250 Women in IP (2016-2018)
- Northern California Super Lawyers (2006 - 2009, 2011-2021)
- Women Leaders in Tech Law, The Recorder, (2013-2015, 2017-2018)
- Forever Influential Honor Roll, San Francisco Business Times, 2016-current)
- Top 75 Intellectual Property Litigators, Daily Journal, 2015
- Most Influential Women in Bay Area Business, San Francisco Business Times, 2014
- Recommended Patent Litigation Practitioner, IAM Patent 1000, 2014-2017
- Future Star, Benchmark Litigation (2011-2019)
- Women Leaders in Law, The Recorder, 2012
- Top 20 Lawyers Under 40, Daily Journal, 2006
Memberships and Affiliations
- President, Bar Association of San Francisco (2014)
- Co-Chair, ABA Litigation Section, Intellectual Property Committee
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers (ABTL)
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA)
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Licensing Executives Society (LES)
- American Inns of Court (Edward J. McFetridge Inn)
- Clerked for the Honorable D. Lowell Jensen of the United States District Court, Northern District of California