We are committed to protecting the environment in which we live and work.
Farella Braun + Martel became the first major law firm in San Francisco to obtain certification as a green business by the San Francisco Green Business Program, recognizing the firm for meeting the program’s stringent environmental standards in 2006. We received our third Green Business certification in 2015.
We have integrated “green” efforts into all aspects of how we operate. Our sustainability program aims to minimize our environmental impact by addressing recycling and waste reduction, energy and natural resource conservation and pollution prevention.
The Russ Building, where our San Francisco office is located, is LEED Platinum Certified.
Our enthusiastic employees are continuously improving our existing efforts and undertaking new initiatives to promote environmental sustainability. Notable elements of the firm’s sustainability program include:
- paper product, pen, battery and electronic equipment recycling
- durable cups, glasses, plates and utensils in kitchen areas
- compostable plates and utensils in conference rooms
- elimination of single serving bottled water
- environmentally responsible purchasing
- partnering with local non-profits and organizations for reuse of unneeded computers, supplies and furniture
- 50% to 100% post-consumer waste recycled paper for printing
- standardized double-sided printing from copiers
- energy efficient light fixtures
- email profiling to reduce printing requirements
- paperless billing
In 2007, FBM won an Acterra Business Environmental Award. The firm was selected the recipient of the “Susanne Wilson Award for Pollution Prevention/Resource Conservation” in the Medium Company category.