Since our inception almost 60 years ago, Farella Braun + Martel has participated actively in our local communities. The founding partners led by example and remain well known for their extensive contributions to the bar and non-profit organizations. This commitment continues unabated today.
Community success requires involvement with and sponsorship of organizations that do good for others. As a firm, we sponsor, through direct financial contributions, organizations ranging from legal service providers to entities involved with education, the environment and the arts.
Annual firmwide community service activities include:
- Rebuilding Together San Francisco – In the fall, Farella attorneys, staff, family and friends come together to perform some much needed renovations to low income family homes, schools and nonprofit centers.
- Head Start Holiday Gift Program – Each year the firm “adopts” a classroom and individuals purchase, wrap and deliver gifts to kids in need who may not otherwise enjoy a gift for the holidays.
- Bar Association of San Francisco’s Food from the Bar Campaign – Every year our Food from the Bar committee of attorneys and staff creates fun activities within the firm that provide financial and other support for the San Francisco-Marin Food Bank.
- One Warm Coat –This organization provides coats for individuals and families that could not otherwise afford a coat for the winter; the firm’s work with this group is led each year by one of the firm’s dedicated and passionate legal secretaries.
- TutorMate Online Literacy Program – For six years, Farella lawyers and staff have participated in Innovations for Learning's “30 minutes per week” TutorMate™ online reading program for first graders in Oakland Public Schools.
We dedicated our 50th Anniversary in 2012 to giving back to the community. The year-long program included $500,000 in direct gifts and a volunteer challenge to our attorneys and staff. By year end, more than 5,000 hours were volunteered at more than 75 non-profit organizations.