Sarah Good has over twenty-five years of experience in complex commercial, consumer and securities litigation matters.
Sarah represents companies, as well as their officers and directors, in securities class actions, derivative litigation and governmental investigations, and litigation. She has served as independent outside counsel in conducting internal investigations into alleged misfeasance in a wide variety of areas, from accounting fraud to employment issues. Sarah also serves as personal counsel for C-suite executives and directors in governmental and internal investigations.
Many of the matters Sarah manages are both high-stakes and multidimensional – for example, simultaneous actions or investigations from the Department of Justice, the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, and shareholders arising from the same allegations. She excels at crafting a global strategy to handle all of the litigation and investigations flowing from a single set of allegations. This requires a combination of creativity, high-level negotiating skills and the ability to work with a variety of opposing parties, from other defense counsel, plaintiff’s counsel and government agencies.
She has an extraordinary track record, having counseled and represented hundreds of clients. This includes defending over 100 securities class actions, derivative litigation, and governmental investigations/proceedings. She has defended over 30 consumer fraud class actions, private attorney general actions, and investigations initiated by the Attorney General’s Office concerning unfair competition, false advertising, products liability, and fraud. She has advised boards of directors, audit committees, executives, and a university in over 30 internal investigations into a wide range of allegations of misconduct in the U.S. and abroad. Sarah is particularly experienced at international matters, especially those involving business dealings in Asia and/or allegations of violation of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act. She has also counseled over 250 companies on risk management and insurance.
She has litigated in state and federal courts in 13 states and is experienced in pre-dispute counseling, arbitration, jury and bench trials, and appeals. She has deep experience at assisting clients with the interpersonal and emotional challenges of the matters in which she represents them. Simultaneously empathetic, experienced, and effective, Sarah is the ideal counselor when a client is beginning the unfamiliar, difficult journey of an action or investigation connected with their professional lives.
- Best Lawyers in America in the area of Litigation – Securities (2014-2021)
- Legal 500 United States for Shareholder Litigation (2015) and Securities Litigation: Defense (2016-2018)
- BTI Client Service All-Stars Award
- The Daily Journal recognized her among California’s Top 100 Women Lawyers
- Northern California Super Lawyers (2004-2008, 2012-2020)
Memberships and Affiliations
- Member, Council on Access and Fairness, State Bar of California (2020-present)
- Co-founder of Women in Securities (WISe)
- American Bar Association
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers
- Bar Association of San Francisco
- National Association of Law Placement (NALP)
- Bay Area Lawyers for Individual Freedom
- Association of Law Firm Diversity Professionals (ALFDP)
- Professional Development Consortium (PDC)