Clean Breakups: Avoiding Trade Secret Litigation When Deals Die and Employees Move (San Francisco)
235 Montgomery St., 17th Fl.
The ACC September CLE Program is sponsored by Farella Braun + Martel, "Clean Breakups: Avoiding Trade Secret Litigation When Deals Die and Employees Move."
Speakers include Farella's Jeffrey Fisher, Erik Olson and Alex Reese, and Matt Gipple, general counsel of Cruise Automation.
Every successful business relies on deep relationships with partners, suppliers and employees. Trade secret theft often occurs when these relationships break apart. In this interactive discussion, a panel of experienced trade secret lawyers and in-house counsel will discuss best practices and lessons learned with a focus on freeing the business to accomplish its goals while minimizing trade secret risks when deals die and employees come or go. In addition, the panel will discuss tactics used to win trade secret cases.
Key topics to be discussed:
- Tips and tools to implement now to avoid trade secret litigation
- Best practices for employee on boarding, off-boarding, and training on handling confidential information
- Practical tips for implementing and monitoring deal clean rooms
- How to define and implement need-to-know access to confidential information
- NDA contract clauses to implement and avoid
- Successful litigation tactics