Alex Reese helps individuals and companies of all sizes resolve disputes involving technology and issues of unfair competition. He has helped clients with product and privacy counseling, pre-litigation advice, and has litigated cases through trial and appeal in matters involving trade secrets, antitrust and unfair competition, patent infringement, IP licensing, consumer confusion, copyrights, and more.
His notable engagements have included:
- Winning a multimillion dollar verdict after a six-week trade secrets trial in the Northern District of California. Alex was an integral member of the trial team and handled the direct and cross examinations of several key witnesses.
- Representing a certified class of California companies in an ongoing case against healthcare giant Sutter Health for its anticompetitive conduct that has resulted in decades of hospital overcharges. Alex was instrumental in preparing the case and litigating it through discovery and summary judgment.
- Representing an international telecommunications company in obtaining a jury verdict of patent infringement against a telephone chipmaker in the Northern District of California.
- Winning a complete victory at summary judgment on behalf of a leading e-commerce company in a suit involving breach of contract, antitrust violations, and defamation in the Western District of Washington.
- Reversing partial summary judgment on behalf of two creators of a role-playing game in a Ninth Circuit appeal involving claims of trademark and copyright infringement, breach of contract, and business torts.
- Providing security and privacy product counseling for a leading technology company regarding its wireless and cellular devices.
Alex is the past board president of the San Francisco Education Fund, a past board member of La Raza Centro Legal, and served as an appointed member of the San Francisco MTA Advisory Committee. He is an active member of the Bar Association of San Francisco’s intellectual property and antitrust sections.