For private clients, Farella deploys multi-disciplinary resources, working closely with our family wealth, corporate, intellectual property, tax, real estate, finance, construction, employment, and litigation lawyers. Our dynamic, integrated approach ensures that private clients have access to full representation for all their family, corporate, and philanthropic needs.
For over five decades, our lawyers have worked with high net worth individuals, families, trusts, closely-held businesses, and tax-exempt organizations. Our accrued knowledge and experience translates to prudent guidance in the accumulation, management, transfer, and protection of wealth and domestic and international commercial.
Planning and Meeting Goals
Our approach is personal and strategic. Each client has different goals, concerns, and tolerance for risk that may change over time and generations. Private clients appreciate our high-level, direct advice and responsive communication that is customized to achieve personal, corporate, investment, and philanthropic objectives in a tax efficient and predictable manner. Our counsel is designed with sufficient flexibility and foresight to marshal opportunities, address unanticipated change, and survive leadership shifts and transitions.
While working one-on-one with our clients, we gain an in-depth knowledge, which allows us to provide coordinated legal counsel with personal, partner-level attention that results in long-term relationships with our clients and multiple generations of their family.
Our clients and their family offices have diverse sources of wealth. Our in-depth industry knowledge in areas including real estate, financial services, private equity, asset management, retail, manufacturing, hospitality, wine, cannabis, energy, sports, entertainment, music, technology, and inherited wealth means that in most cases, clients avoid paying for any learning curve on part.
Examples of the type of private client matters we address include:
- Angel, venture capital, and subsequent investments in private companies
- Company formation and joint venture relationships
- Estate planning
- Family business restructuring and succession planning
- Construction contracts and disputes for real estate projects and residences
- Land use, zoning, natural resources, and other environmental concerns related to real estate development
- Vineyard and winery specific matters including complex marketing and distribution agreements and grape contracts
- Fractional ownership programs for aircraft and luxury residences
- Duties and responsibility of service on boards of directors, both for-profit and non-profit entities
- Trust administration
- Trust and probate litigation, including heir disputes
- Employment counseling with respect to personal employees and issues relating to hiring and termination
- Outside general counsel for family offices
Contact us today on our Private Client Hotline 415.954.4770.