Janice Reicher is a litigation partner and co-chair of Farella’s White Collar Criminal Defense and Internal Corporate Investigations Group. She is a skilled trial attorney who divides her practice between white collar criminal matters and complex business litigation.
Janice routinely represents individuals and entities in federal and state court, in both criminal and parallel civil matters. The individuals she advises are typically high-level corporate executives who require counsel as they navigate the litigation or investigation process, which may present material risks to their careers, reputations, and liberty. She has particularly extensive experience defending individuals accused of criminal trade secret theft, as well as antitrust and securities violations. She regularly conducts internal corporate investigations in high-stakes matters involving issues such as fraud and public corruption. She has tried multiple criminal jury trials as lead counsel while serving on secondment as a Deputy District Attorney in the Contra Costa County District Attorney’s Office.
In her business litigation practice, Janice’s experience ranges from cases involving complex contractual disputes to matters alleging fraud, unfair competition, and breach of fiduciary duty. She has particular experience in civil antitrust matters having litigated the landmark antitrust class action against the dominant hospital system in Northern California along with co-counsel and the California Attorney General’s Office. The case resulted in a $575 million settlement and historic injunctive relief on behalf of a certified class of California corporations, government entities, and union trusts. She also represented the Rhode Island Attorney General’s office in conducting the antitrust investigation of the proposed $4 billion merger between the two largest health systems in Rhode Island.
Janice clerked for The Honorable Yvonne Gonzalez Rogers of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California, and served as an extern for The Honorable William Alsup of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California.
- 2022 Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (LCLD) Fellow
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America - Commercial Litigation and Criminal Defense: White-Collar (2021-2023)
- Northern California Super Lawyers (2023)
- Northern California Super Lawyers Rising Stars in White Collar Crime (2021-2023)
Memberships and Affiliations
- Vice President, Filipino Bar Association of Northern California (2019-present); member (2012 to present)
- Chair, American Bar Association’s White Collar Crime Young Lawyer’s Subcommittee (Northern California) (2018 – present)
- Young Lawyer Representative, ABA Women’s White Collar Crime Committee (2018-present)
- Member of the Earl Warren American Inn of Court (2016-present); member of mentorship subcommittee in 2017-2018
- Member, Asian American Bar Association of the Greater Bay Area (2012 to present)
- Reunion Committee Member, UC Berkeley School of Law (2017)
- Co-Captain, UC Berkeley School of Law “Partners in Leadership” philanthropic program (2016 to present)