Janice Reicher brings a unique combination of skill, creativity, and courageous advocacy to her practice, which she divides between white collar criminal matters and complex business litigation. Emotional intelligence and sound judgment are a key part of Janice’s toolkit, allowing her to gain the trust of her clients while effectively pursuing their objectives.
Janice routinely represents individuals and entities in federal and state court, in both criminal matters and parallel civil matters. The individuals she advises are typically high-level corporate executives who require counsel and support as they navigate through litigation or investigation process, a process that may present material risks to their careers, reputations, and liberty. She has particularly extensive experience defending individuals accused of criminal trade secret theft. She has also represented individuals in internal and government investigations in areas such as antitrust and securities, and has represented foreign nationals in Japan and Taiwan.
In her business litigation practice, Janice’s experience ranges from cases involving complex contractual disputes to matters alleging fraud, unfair competition, and breach of fiduciary duty. Janice has handled all aspects of a case from initial filing to resolution, including managing discovery, taking depositions, working closely with experts, drafting and arguing motions, and developing case strategy.
Janice maintains an active pro bono practice, most recently winning asylum for two young women fleeing persecution in El Salvador. She served as an extern for The Honorable William Alsup of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California.
Memberships and Affiliations
- Chair, American Bar Association’s White Collar Crime Young Lawyer’s Subcommittee (Northern California) (2018 – present)
- Young Lawyer Representative, ABA Women’s White Collar Crime Committee (2018-present)
- Member of the Earl Warren American Inn of Court (2016-present); Member of mentorship subcommittee in 2017-2018
- Member, Asian American Bar Association of the Greater Bay Area (2012 to present)
- Member, Filipino Bar Association of Northern California (2012 to present)
- Reunion Committee Member, UC Berkeley School of Law (2017)
- Co-Captain, UC Berkeley School of Law “Partners in Leadership” philanthropic program (2016 to present)