Anthony “Tony” Schoenberg has more than 20 years of experience as a litigator and trial lawyer. He has represented public companies, small businesses, and individuals in real estate litigation matters, contractual arbitrations, and other complex business disputes. He prides himself on achieving great outcomes for his clients. Decades of experience have given Tony a strong sense of the right way to approach each case to meet his client’s objectives.
Tony’s experience includes:
- Securing client’s dismissal from a lawsuit alleging fraud in a $60 million real estate transaction.
- Winning summary judgment in a federal real estate matter in which his client was sued for more than $100 million.
- Representing a chip maker in a technology license dispute resulting in a $43 million arbitration award for his client.
- Obtaining a multi-million dollar settlement on behalf of a real estate asset manager less than 24 hours before the start of an arbitration hearing.
- Representing real estate developer through four-week jury trial in San Francisco Superior Court, involving claims of rescission, breach of contract, and fraud.
Tony has held numerous leadership positions at the firm, most recently serving four years as Chair of the firm’s Business Litigation Practice Area. In addition, for the past decade he has overseen the firm’s pro bono litigation practice.
- 2016 California Lawyer Attorneys of the Year (CLAY) Award for his court victory representing the City of Sunnyvale in its successful opposition to a Second Amendment challenge.
Memberships and Affiliations
- Member, Board of Directors, Bar Association of San Francisco (2022-2024)
- Former Director, Justice and Diversity Center of the Bar Association of San Francisco
- Former Member, Litigation Section Executive Committee, Bar Association of San Francisco