Winston Liaw represents high technology companies in patent infringement litigation and other intellectual property matters. His clients have included cloud services, semiconductor, multimedia, telecommunications, and web technology companies, among others. Winston has advised and represented clients in nearly all aspects of patent litigation and mediation, including claim construction, expert discovery, and infringement and validity analyses, and has counseled clients on patent acquisition and portfolio development.
Recent experience includes:
- Defending patent infringement lawsuits related to cloud services and web technologies in the Western District of Texas.
- Defending patent infringement lawsuits related to semiconductor manufacturing and telecommunications infrastructure in the Northern District of California.
- Representing a flexible hose designer and manufacturer in asserting its patents in the District of Delaware.
- Representing a telecommunications company in asserting its patents related to networking technology in the Northern District of Texas.
- Representing a multimedia company in asserting its patents related to multimedia recording and playback in the Eastern District of Texas.
Winston brings a passion for technology to his legal practice. Prior to his legal career, he earned a degree in electrical engineering and computer science and served five years at Microsoft Corporation as a software development engineer and program manager.
- Managing Intellectual Property IP Stars - Rising Star (2019)
Memberships and Affiliations
- Member, 2020 Class of Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (LCLD) Pathfinders
- President, Vietnamese American Bar Association of Northern California (2019-2020)
- Vice-President, Vietnamese American Bar Association of Northern California (2018-2019)