Carly O’Halloran Alameda represents clients in a variety of civil litigation and appellate matters with an emphasis on complex breach of contract claims, real property disputes, and California appeals. Her practice includes representing clients in California state and federal courts, as well as in alternative dispute resolution processes, including AAA, JAMS, and ICC arbitrations.
Carly's strategic and practical approach to litigation is influenced by her experience as a corporate board member of Mammoth HR. Beyond simply litigating a case, she understands how a dispute fits into a client’s business strategy so that she can effectively achieve the most favorable result.
Carly also previously served as clerk to the Hon. Mark B. Simons of the California Court of Appeal (First District). When handling a case on appeal, she understands the importance of selecting the right arguments and framing the issues in a way that will resonate and succeed with an appellate court.
Carly’s experience includes:
- Representing real estate developer through four week jury trial in San Francisco Superior Court, involving claims of rescission, breach of contract, and fraud.
- Successfully obtaining writ relief to overturn summary adjudication in a real estate dispute.
- Achieving award on behalf of manufacturer in six week ICC arbitration related to failure of components in a nuclear power plant, in which the contractual limitations of liability were successfully enforced, the opposing party’s damages claims in excess of $7 billion were rejected, and our client was granted a fee and cost award as the “prevailing party” of over $58 million.
- Obtaining a multi-million dollar settlement on behalf of a solar company days before the AAA arbitration hearing began, in a breach of contract dispute.
- Winning an arbitration award as part of a trial team in a case involving disputed purchase options and a multimillion-dollar real property transaction.
- Successfully resolving a significant dispute regarding a party’s right to indemnification that turned on a gross negligence exception.
While earning her B.S. at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo, Carly was an NCAA Division I volleyball player.
- Benchmark Litigation "40 & Under Hotlist" (2017-2019)
- Northern California Rising Stars by Super Lawyers (2012-2020)
- The Best Lawyers in America in the area of Real Estate Law (2020-2021)
Memberships and Affiliations
- Founding Member, WISE (Women In-house Support Equality)
- Board of Directors, Mammoth HR
- Board of Directors, Berkeley Law Alumni Association
- Board of Directors, The Association of Business Trial Lawyers
- Former Member, Advisory Board, East Bay Community Law Center
- Former Member, McFetridge American Inn of Court
- Former Member, The ABA Woman Advocate Committee