Carly O’Halloran Alameda represents clients in a variety of civil litigation and appellate matters with an emphasis on complex breach of contract claims, real property disputes, and California appeals. Her practice includes representing clients in California state and federal courts, as well as in alternative dispute resolution processes, including AAA, JAMS, and ICC arbitrations.
Carly's strategic and practical approach to litigation is influenced by her experience as a board member of Mammoth HR, an HR consulting company. Beyond simply litigating a case, she understands how a dispute fits into a client’s business strategy so that she can effectively achieve the most favorable result.
Carly represents companies from a variety of industries, including consumer products, energy, wine and food, cannabis, software and technology, and construction. Her experience includes:
- Achieving award on behalf of manufacturer in six week ICC arbitration related to failure of components in a nuclear power plant, in which the contractual limitations of liability were successfully enforced, the opposing party’s damages claims in excess of $7 billion were rejected, and our client was granted a fee and cost award as the “prevailing party” of over $58 million.
- Obtaining a multi-million dollar settlement on behalf of a solar company days before the AAA arbitration hearing began, in a dispute regarding improper installation of solar farm equipment.
- Winning an arbitration award as part of a trial team in a case involving disputed purchase options and a multimillion-dollar real property transaction.
- Successfully resolving a significant dispute regarding a party’s right to indemnification that turned on a gross negligence exception.
- Successfully obtaining writ relief to overturn summary adjudication in a real estate dispute
Her practice includes both state and federal appellate work. She previously served as clerk to the Hon. Mark B. Simons of the California Court of Appeal (First District). While earning her B.S. at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo, Ms. Alameda was an NCAA Division I volleyball player.
Memberships and Affiliations
- Founding Member, WISE (Women In-house Support Equality)
- Board of Directors, Mammoth HR
- Board of Directors, Boalt Hall Alumni Association
- Board of Directors, The Association of Business Trial Lawyers
- Member, Advisory Board, East Bay Community Law Center
- Former Member, McFetridge American Inn of Court
- Former Member, The ABA Woman Advocate Committee