Jeff Hamilton counsels companies of all sizes, from startups to publicly traded corporations, in a broad range of transactional matters. As a practitioner, Jeff is a generalist by design, and typically advises clients in an outside general counsel role. His practice ranges from mergers and acquisitions, including Hart-Scott-Rodino filings, to equity and debt offerings and venture capital financings, to day-to-day business management such as fund formation, investment analysis, negotiating commercial agreements, assisting with corporate governance, and overseeing public company and regulated industry reporting compliance.
As a member of our Cannabis Initiative, Jeff represents investors and investment funds, cultivators, manufacturers, distributors, and ancillary businesses in commercial transactions and general corporate and regulatory matters.
Jeff also counsels clients in connection with construction projects, such as negotiating construction contracts and architect’s agreements for both commercial and residential projects.
Regardless of the specific situation, Jeff approaches his engagements with a combination of responsiveness and meticulousness to help his clients achieve their objectives efficiently and strategically, maximizing opportunity while managing risk. Not one to shy away from complex problems, he is particularly skilled at drafting clear and workable agreements that move complicated deals forward.
- Chambers USA: Cannabis Law - Western United States, Up-and-Coming Individual (2022-2023), Associate to Watch (2020-2021)
- Global Top 200 Cannabis Lawyers 2022/2023, Cannabis Law Report
- Legal 500 United States,Cannabis, Recommended Attorney (2021-2023)
- Northern California Super Lawyers - Rising Stars (2022)
Memberships and Affiliations
- 2021 Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (LCLD) Fellow
- Director, Green Aid: The Medical Marijuana Legal Defense and Education Fund (2021-present)
- Advisory Board Member, Humboldt Grace Foundation (2021-present)
- Executive Committee, Cannabis Law Section, Bar Association of San Francisco (2020-present)
- Cultivation Committee, National Cannabis Industry Association (NCIA) (2020-2021)