8th Annual Hot Topics in Charitable Planning
Mark Weaver is a featured panelist at the Regional Parks Foundation's 8th Annual Hot Topics in Charitable Planning Seminar virtual program, "Understanding Planned Giving with Cryptocurrency, and Predictions for the Passage of Tax Legislation in 2022."
- Detail planned giving techniques and discuss the benefits and issues with gifting virtual currency
- Discuss the tax treatment of virtual currency, including a review of recent IRS developments
- Debrief from the apparent death-blow to the Build Back Better Act and discuss the prospects of its revival in 2022
- Provide an update on pending California legislation and ballot measures, including the potential repeal of Proposition 19
- Jon Feldhammer, Partner, Baker Botts L.L.P.
- Richard Ramirez, Partner, Baker Botts L.L.P.
- Mark T. Weaver, Partner, Farella Braun + Martel LLP
- Meredith Johnson, CPA, CFP, Partner, BPM