Rebecca Stephens counsels clients on a wide range of employment matters, including developing and implementing sound employment policies, conducting workplace investigations, overseeing accommodations and leaves of absence, and administering separations from employment. With clients ranging from small businesses to global corporations, Rebecca takes a practical, solutions-focused approach and understands the importance of tailoring her advice to each employer’s needs, goals, and culture.
Rebecca also represents employers in single-plaintiff and class and representative action litigation matters in federal and state courts, including wage and hour disputes and wrongful termination, retaliation, and discrimination cases. She also routinely represents clients before administrative agencies including the Division of Labor Standards Enforcement, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, and the Department of Fair Employment and Housing.
Rebecca served as a law clerk and attorney-advisor to the Honorable Jennifer Gee of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Administrative Law Judges and as a judicial extern to the Honorable Ruben Castillo of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.
Memberships and Affiliations
- Member, 2021 Class of Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (LCLD) Pathfinders
- Chair, Barristers Labor & Employment Executive Committee, Bar Association of San Francisco
- Member, Labor and Employment Law Section, American Bar Association; Planning Committee Member, National Symposium on Technology in Labor & Employment; Co-Chair, Outreach to Law Students Committee
- Board Member, Northwestern Law Alumni Club of San Francisco
- Member, Board of Directors, Mission Graduates